Saturday, February 14, 2009

spring fever

Folks are reporting redwinged blackbirds all over the area but I haven't heard one yet. I'm on the alert. Meanwhile, the chickadees have switched to their spring fe-be call big time. Not sure whether the dark-eyed juncos have left yet. I haven't seen them in a couple of days. I can see bare ground in my tiny yard. Soon it will be time to re-commence my battle with the invasive plants.

The annual Merrimack River Eagle Festival is today. Now that's a cool thing to do for Valentine's Day! Speaking of bald eagles, I was rummaging in my kitchen cabinet for a coffee mug a couple of weeks ago and came across a Mass Audubon one from 30 years ago that said "Bring Back the Bald Eagle". I guess it worked!

I think I'm starting to emerge from hibernation. It must be spring.

No comments: