Saturday, June 2, 2007

virtual birding

I'm not on the plover warden schedule for today because I had originally planned that this would be the weekend I'd be just back from Texas and tired. Hah! That was last weekend and somehow I made it to the beach and made it to the family gathering for Andrea's Sweet 16th. How can Andrea be 16? Wasn't I just picking her up at preschool yesterday? Aiiiieeee! Anyway, I'm taking it easy today.

So, as per usual, I searched for "piping plover" on Google News. I found a Canadian article that referenced the 2006 International Piping Plover Breeding Census, which I didn't realize had been published yet. I know it was supposed to be out in "the spring" but spring passed me by here -- funny how the weather makes me lose track of calendar time. For some reason I can't find it on the USFWS piping plover site. However, there is a copy of the preliminary 2006 population estimate. I think my Google skills need some improvement. I'm sure the legendary Tom Wetmore can put his cursor on the published version within seconds.

Hey, Unit 11, if you are reading this, do you know where I can find the 2006 census online?

No comments: