Tuesday, August 30, 2011

fungi of the lot 5 boardwalk

I went to the overlook at Lot 5 in search of seabirds, of which I saw plenty of the usual suspects plus one Sooty Shearwater. There were a lot of Wilson's Storm-Petrels but no Leach's. I saw a Peregrine Falcon take out a Semipalmated Sandpiper -- kind of gruesome. Unfortunately, I did not get any photos of these things. Fortunately, I found lots of interesting-looking mushrooms to photograph.
Three 'Shrooms
That one on the left almost looks like wings.

Closeup of the one on the left
Deep in the Shadows

Some of the shapes are sort of suggestive.

One looked like Pac Man emerging from the pine needles to chase some ghosts.
Among the Pine Needles

There were tons more fungi to photograph, but the mosquitoes were starting to come chomp on me.

Newly Emerged

No comments: