A photographic print exhibition from the 2011 Parker River NWR Nature Photography Camp will be on display all weekend as well as photo contest prints.
On Friday, October 7, 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM, join Jim Fenton for a narrated slide show at the PRNWR visitor center. This is a great opportunity to see Jim's fantastic work and learn about his image making process. You've seen Jim Fenton's photos of the birds of Plymouth Beach on display at Plimoth Plantation . Don't miss this chance to see Jim and his photos at PRNWR.
Saturday, October 8 has a full schedule of great workshops:
- 8:00 – 9:30 AM: Bird Photography 101: with Nancy Landry. You may have seen her annual Plum Island bird calendar. She'll take you on a bird photo walk at Hellcat. Pre-registration required.
- 10:30 – 11:30 AM: Point &Shoot Nature Photography: with Matt Poole. Matt's the refuge visitor services manager. You may have seen his photos on the PRNWR Facebook page. Pre-registration is not required.
- 1:30 – 2:30 PM: Connecting Kids & Nature Through Digital Photography: with Matt Poole. Learn about last July's digital nature photography day camp and see images taken by and of the kids. Matt provides an overview of the camp, its purpose, structure, and future. Pre-registration is not required.
- 8:00 – 9:30 AM: Bird Photography 101: Join Nancy Landry at Hellcat. Pre-registration is required. See above.
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 Noon: What’s in the Bag?!: Jim Fenton talks about the equipment he considers most necessary for his type of image-making and answers audience questions. Pre-registration is not required.
- 12:30 – 1:30 PM: Moving Pictures Are, Well, Moving!: Celebrate National Wildlife Refuge Week by watching a wonderful new film about Arctic National Wildlife Refuge(ANWR). Pre-registration is not required.
- 1:30 PM: Winners Announced for the 1st Annual Parker River NWR Nature and Wildlife Photo Contest!